Yesterday Justine and I conversed randomly as we do, loosing some hot air on the earth and the idea of chakras became a point of conversation. A quick search on the internet revealed a site where after answering an online questionnaire (truthfully; not the Morgan trick the system way) one can see which of their chakras are open, inactive and overactive. I faired like this:

Root - Inactive
Sacral - Open
Navel - Open
Heart - Open
Throat - Overactive
Third Eye - Overactive
Crown - Open
Not bad I must say. My Root chakra isn’t open, and the site believes that this is the effects of which: If you tend to be fearful or nervous your Root chakra is probably under-active. You'd easily feel unwelcome.
Funnily, the effects of having an overactive Third Eye chakra are: If this chakra is overactive you may tend to live in a world of fantasy too much. In excessive cases halucinations are possible.
To that end I have begun to remedy the situation; and have taken up meditation using the indicated hand position (mudras) and chanting LAM… in my backyard on the lawn. I’m sure my neighbors think I’m thoroughly weird, but who cares, one has to make sacrifices in search of spiritual awareness right?

I must say though that there is a certain sense of power associated with chanting and meditation. Now I’m not a religious man in the traditional sense… I don’t count those years where I was forced to go to Chapel while I was at school (the side effects of going to a private school)… but I must say I feel somewhat better after that little session in my backyard.
A few years ago I attended a funeral for a good friend who had passed away; his family was Hindu and the mourners were asked to chant OM as part of the ceremony. There was a sense of something other-worldly about it, I don’t know if it was the reverberation or the fact that I was pretty grief stricken by the whole thing (coupled with the hangover I was sporting from the night before when drowning my sorrows)… but my eyes were opened as to the power of other religions and how the fundamental sense of Christianity has become commercialized, commoditized and somewhat lost. I’m sure that is the same with any religion, but there was something very intense about this simple act of a group chanting. Incidentally this may be because my third eye chakra is way too open and I was more receptive to the goings on…
For those of you who wish to find out where your own chakra problems may lie or alternatively, find out how damn good you are the test is located at http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php

2 Comments:
Haha all my chakras are open, especially the sacral (sex energy - it's the Greek genes) and my third eye! So as I'm sure I can rely on a 56 question online survey to tell me deep and spiritual things about my inner being, I must be a pretty amazing guy! Thanks, Internet!
Will, you really need to work on getting that throat chakra to close a little - overactive is just as bad as closed!
J ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home